faucet bwThe average household uses approximately 80-100 gallons of water per person per day. For a family of 4, that's almost 2,500 gallons of water a week! The largest portion of this consumption comes from bathroom use. Flushing the toilet uses the most water, followed by taking a shower or bath. With that much water running through the home, water damage in the bathroom is bound to happen. Knowing how to spot signs of a water leak is essential to preventing long-term damage. This guide provides you with tips to reduce the impact of water damage on your bathroom.

Helping a Cumberland, RI renter clean up after a fire

stove fire closeupEven a small fire can cause significant damage. This was the case when one renter got a call from her landlord that her apartment was on fire. The fire started in the kitchen when the stove knob was accidentally bumped on, igniting a cutting board. Luckily the fire was put out quickly but smoke had spread throughout the home. When certain materials burn, they create a thick, black smoke that sticks to surfaces. This type of smoke damage smears easily and cannot be cleaned with traditional household cleaning solutions. The renter hired the experts at ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning who were onsite within an hour of the first call for help. Our team uses specialty smoke restoration techniques and equipment to clean fire damage. 

Providing Water Damage Restoration Services 

wet file boxes closeupA commercial building owner in Worcester, MA called in the professionals at ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning to help restore their business. The property's water heater tank burst, causing water damage to the storage room and the utility room. The business specializes in site development and stores all their file blueprints and job documents in their file room. Unfortunately, the file boxes were cardboard and many of them were stored on the floor. Our water damage technicians are specially trained to handle this type of job and were on-site to begin emergency services within one hour of the first call to our office. 

Prevent Fire Damage by Choosing the Correct Extinguisher

We have seen every type of fire in our 20+ years of experience in fire damage restoration. There are different types of fire extinguishers made for different fires, like grease, chemical, and electrical. Each requires different methods to put out. It's very important to use the correct class of fire extinguisher, if not, a dangerous chemical reaction will occur. You never want to use water on a grease or electrical fire because this will only intensify the flames. There are five different types of fire extinguishers, learn more about how to prevent fire damage with this guide.Fire Extinguisher Types

Water damage from a bathroom pipe break

mold on basement ceiling beamsA building in North Attleboro suffered from water damage and subsequent mold damage after a toilet supply line let go. The property was home to a bar and restaurant that had closed. Unfortunately, the bar was unoccupied at the time and the pipe leak went unnoticed. Without proper mitigation, water damage can lead to mold growth in as little as 24 hours. When the unexpected happens, expect nothing but the best. Our crew was at the location within 3 hours of the call for restoration to begin emergency services.

ceiling tile demoOffice building affected by water damage from a leaking skylight

ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning was called in to help restore a Massachusetts facility after two of the skylights leaked water from the third floor into the second floor below. Multiple offices and common areas were saturated with water damage. We understand how important it is to act quickly after a water damage loss. Water can increase the size of a claim substantially without prompt action. Our qualified technicians were up to the task and arrived within two hours of the initial call to begin emergency services.

stove grease fire closeupGrease Fire Damage Cleanup Services

An apartment in Worcester County, MA suffered smoke and soot damage from a kitchen fire recently. The grease fire started on the stovetop, sending smoke throughout the second-floor unit. The property manager trusted the experts at ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning to get the tenents back to normal quickly.