'Tis The Season For House Fires
December is the leading month for house fires. Protect your home and family with these helpful tips when decorating the home for Christmas.
- Replace strings of lights with worn or broken cords.
- Always turn off the Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged.
- Do not "chain" multiple outlet plugs together. These types of extension cords must be plugged directly into the wall.
Christmas Tree Safety
- Make sure the tree is at least 3 feet from any heat source such as portable heaters, heating vents, decorative candles and fireplaces.
- Water your tree daily- a dry tree burns significantly quicker than a fresh tree.
- An obvious but important tip none the same- Never use real candles in your tree.