One of the most popular New Year's resolutions is saving money. And with January being one of the coldest months of the year, you are likely to spend extra on heating your home. Use these tips to save on your utility bill.*
- Change your air filters regularly (monthly for inexpensive units).
- Have your ductwork inspected and repair any leaks.
- Keep all windows and doors located near your thermostat closed tightly.
- Keep heat sources such as lamps and appliances away from your thermostat.
- Turn down your heating system's thermostat to 68º F or even lower if no one is home for several days.
- Close fireplace damper when not in use.
- Keep curtains open on the south side of the house and closed on the north during the day to help keep warm.
- Use area rugs to keep your feet warm if you have hardwood or tile floors.
*Source: AmeriSpec Energy Savings Guide
Cold and flu viruses spread easily from person to person in close proximity and are often passed along on shared surfaces, making your office a Petri dish. Contact with contaminated surfaces is one of the greatest contributing factors to getting sick. Here are some common office "hot spots":
- Other people's hands
- Doorknobs and handles (including microwaves and refrigerators)
- Copier machine buttons and parts
- Another person's keyboard and phone
- Coffee pot handle
- Elevator buttons
- Shared books, files, and other office materials
To keep your office healthy, remind your staff to regularly wash their hands for at least 15-20 seconds with soap. Have hand sanitizer readily available for employees and customers. Encourage your employees to be vaccinated against the flu and send sick employees home.
The holiday season is a time of giving, and we are proud to participate in the annual Marines Toys for Tots drive! ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning, along with our local insurance agencies, collected new, unwrapped toys that will go to over 250 Massachusetts children. 2019 marks the 13th year that we have partnered with the United States Marine Corps to collect donations for those in need. We would like to thank the following insurance agencies for your generous donations and continued support:
'Tis the season to celebrate the holidays and the success of another year. Bill and Cathy Sweeney enjoy pausing this time of year to recognize the insurance agents who help support our business throughout the year. The insurance industry plays a large role in our business and ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning is thrilled to show our appreciation by getting together for a fun night out!
ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning Participates in MAIA's Big Event
We recently partnered with other local Massachusetts ServiceMaster Restore franchisees to participate in the Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents (MAIA)'s Annual Conference and Tradeshow held in Boston, MA at the Marriott Hotel. Over 2000 attendees from the insurance industry enjoyed this 3-day event featuring educational sessions, renowned guest speakers, awards ceremonies and a vendor fair.
ServiceMaster Restore was excited to host a booth at the vendor fair again this year. Our marketing rep, Leslie MacDonald helped to provide information on our disaster restoration and specialized cleaning services, giveaways, and raffled off a new Apple watch in support of the event.
Our team had a great time networking with local insurance industry partners and we already have the date saved for next year!